Dickinson Town Council Procedures for Closing the Dickinson Dining Hall
A. These bylaws govern the following:
1. Closings of the Dickinson Dining Hall for DC Players rehearsals and performances.
2. Closing of the Dickinson Dining Hall for events of Dickinson Town Council chartered groups.
3. Closing of the Dickinson Dining Hall for Dickinson Town Council events.
4. Closing of the Dickinson Dining Hall for all other events.
B. For closings due to holidays or semester breaks, University Dining Services shall retain authority to close the facility.
C. The Contract Dining and Cash Food Sales Committee shall have the authority to reject Dickinson Town Council requests for closing the facility.
D. In cases of conflict with these bylaws the Dickinson Town Council Constitution shall have precedence.
II. Dining Hall Closing Protocol.
A. Groups wishing to close the Dickinson Dining Hall shall request said closing at a Dickinson Town Council meeting at least three (3) weeks prior to the earliest date they wish to close the facility early. Requests closer to three (3) weeks to the anticipated closing date may be approved by a 2/3 vote of Dickinson Town Council.
B. Groups wishing to close the Dickinson Dining Hall on multiple dates may request said closings at the same meeting and put the request to one vote.
C. Requests to close the Dickinson Dining Hall shall be voted upon at the meeting following the meeting at which the request is presented.
D. Groups closing the Dickinson Dining Hall shall be responsible for any surcharges.
III. Notification of Dickinson Dining Hall Closings
A. Groups receiving approval to close the Dickinson Dining Hall shall be responsible for notifying the public of the closings. This requirement shall be
satisfied in the following ways:
1. One (1) 8 1/2" by 11" sign posted at each Dickinson Dining
Hall entrance and one (1) sign of the same dimensions per Dickinson
Community residence hall at least 72 hours prior to the initial Dickinson
Dining Hall closing. Signs must state the following:
a. The name of the group closing the Dickinson Dining Hall.
b. The date(s) and the time(s) the Dickinson Dining Hall will be closing.
c. The closing was approved by Dickinson Town Council and give the date of the approval.
d. All wording on the sign must be at least a ten point font.
2. In the case of multiple closings one sign shall be sufficient so long as the sign
remains posted until the final closing has occurred.
B. In the event the approved closing(s) is no longer desired by the group, the said group shall:
1. Post one (1) 8 1/2" by 11' sign with wording in ten point font stating that the Dickinson Dining Hall will no longer be closing early and the reason for the change.
2. Notify the Dickinson Town Council office by phone (x6DTC) of the change as soon as possible.
IV. Dickinson Town Council shall have the authority to impose reasonable punishment for violation of these bylaws.